Biohacking, also called human improvement, includes initiatives to promote weight loss and brain function. Biohacking techniques allow you to potentially “biohack” your biological age to reverse the aging process and look/feel/act younger than you are.
In this article, we explore what biohacking is, its goals, and how to get started!
What Is Biohacking?
“Biohacking” is a do-it-yourself (DIY) form of human enhancement or augmentation, in which people attempt to change aspects of their biology to improve their health, performance, or well-being.
There are different ways to approach this, and some types of biohacking have been around for many years, such as intermittent fasting. Others are more contemporary, such as technology-based biohacking. Devices like smartwatches and Fitbits give people access to various body-related data, enabling them to adjust to their health and enhance athletic performance.
One of the most common ways, however, is the practice of using nutritional supplements, peptide bioregulators, and nootropics to “biohack” your biological age to reverse the aging process.
- Nutritional supplements often used in biohacking include Liposomal multivitamins which work in different ways to rejuvenate the body and come in an easier format for the body to absorb, lactic acid which helps to improve muscle strength and tone, and Spermidine, which encourages autophagy in the body (the removal of dead or senescent cells).
- Peptide bioregulators are one of the critical areas in biohacking to rejuvenate DNA. The building blocks of proteins are known as peptides, which are compact chains of amino acids. Numerous vital tasks are carried out by peptides in the human body. They interact with various DNA regions, conveying data stored in amino acid sequences to regulate genes in each tissue.
- Nootropics, or “smart medicines,” are a class of chemicals that are used often in biohacking. Tablets, supplements, beverages, and foods are examples of non-prescription nootropics. They contain ingredients that can improve brain function.
How do Peptides Work?
Genes for cellular regeneration are activated by peptide bioregulators’ communication with the DNA in their particular region. Peptide bioregulators can act as cellular mediators to control protein synthesis and gene expression. At the moment, these bioregulators are driving anti-aging research.
Scientific evidence based on years of experience in numerous medical sectors has shown the excellent efficacy of peptide drugs. Over the past few decades, peptides have entered routine ophthalmic practice. The effectiveness of peptides has also produced goods and biotechnologies for the industrial and military sectors, as well as space medicine.
People can extend their lives and achieve longevity by using peptide bioregulators, which will let them live longer lives while still being active, useful, vibrant, and healthy.
The Goal of Biohacking
The desire to feel better and to test the limits of the human body is at the core of biohacking, which is something we can all connect to. But there are many different flavors of that yearning.
Some people merely desire to be healthy again. Others aspire to attain the highest levels of strength and intelligence. Even more ambitious individuals seek to drastically increase their lifespan by remaining as intelligent and physically fit as possible for as long as possible.
There are several reasons why someone could desire to hack their biology, including:
- having control over their health
- exploring new and unusual ideas
- fixing what they may perceive as flaws
- trying to reverse the aging process
How to Begin Biohacking
Diet, exercise, and mindfulness practices are the best places to start when biohacking your body. Start tracking your behavior after that with wearables like the FitBit or the Apple Watch, although there are many others that will do the same job.
Additionally, you might try incorporating music into your daily life and changing to a sustainable diet. As soon as you have mastered these fundamental biohacks, you’ll be prepared for something fresh and unique.
A remarkable life can be unlocked by exercising, eating well, and changing your mindset. By enhancing attention, boosting energy, and enabling your body to take advantage of the most bioavailable nutrient forms available on the market, biohacking supplements can help you go even further.
We frequently don’t obtain all the vitamins and minerals we require to function at our best. The nutritional gap can be filled with high-quality supplements in the form of tablets, shakes, bars, or liquids that can also aid in system detoxification, performance enhancement, and everyday energy.
Whether you use supplements, technology like red light therapy or you make changes to incorporate an abundance mindset, biohacking is meant to help you make lasting, positive changes.